By Victoria Findlay Wolfe
Scraps by no means seemed so sturdy! this is often improvisational piecing reinvented—learn tips to create a different piece of "made-fabric" in precisely quarter-hour with Victoria Findlay Wolfe's improvisational scrap-piecing equipment, then include your made-fabric into conventional duvet blocks. As you play, you'll sharpen your layout abilities and know about combining shades and prints in new ways...then watch your cover layout emerge. realize simply how specific vintage blocks like Sawtooth celebrity or Flying ducks could be, while they're developed with extra spunk and spontaneity! contains eleven problem workouts to reinforce your inventive muscle mass, plus an inspirational duvet gallery.
Read or Download 15 Minutes of Play—Improvisational Quilts: Made-Fabric Piecing,Traditional Blocks, Scrap Challenges PDF
Best crafts books
This richly illustrated booklet presents step by step folding directions for the development of over forty modular origami creations. the writer describes tips to fold the modules and the way to take advantage of them as construction blocks to build better polyhedral versions. those attractive designs are tricky three-d geometric styles, a few comparable to stars or flora.
Sew up a candy and foolish sock critter tonight!
• flip your favourite socks into lovable bunnies, kittens, hamsters, turtles, penguins and more
• sixteen tasks are labeled through ability point, from super-simple to extra advanced
• Your dryer ate a new sock? No worries-stray singles can now develop into the ideal reward in precisely an hour
Enjoy making whimsical filled animals utilizing child socks, knee socks, group socks…any sorts of socks rock! supply your critter's face lots of inventive expression by means of embellishing along with your favourite buttons and embroidery. numerous initiatives are effortless sufficient for kids to make for his or her personal toybox, yet you'll desire a bunch of those impossible to resist cuties for your self, too!
Socks allure is a finalist within the 2010 Foreword ebook of the 12 months Awards.
Because 1973, Storey's kingdom knowledge announcements have provided functional, hands-on directions designed to assist readers grasp dozens of kingdom residing talents speedy and simply. There at the moment are greater than a hundred and seventy titles during this sequence, and their amazing acceptance displays the typical hope of kingdom and town dwellers alike to domesticate own independence in way of life.
Become aware of the fundamentals of silversmithing during this thorough guidebook. offers you the total photo, together with varieties and homes of metals, required instruments, and diverse easy-to-understand techniques.
The top e-book out there that covers textual content on smithing together with the overall ideas of metalwork, forms and houses of metals, instruments, and methods. a number of diagrams, pictures and illustrations increase this in-depth, how-to publication on silversmithing.
- Dating Quilts: From 1600 to the Present
- A Quilter's Mixology: 16 Projects Using the Drunkard’s Path Block
- Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Projects for Adorable and Rustic Decor, Storage, Lighting, Gifts and Much More
- Sewing in a Straight Line: Quick and Crafty Projects You Can Make by Simply Sewing Straight
- Singer The New Sewing Essentials
Additional resources for 15 Minutes of Play—Improvisational Quilts: Made-Fabric Piecing,Traditional Blocks, Scrap Challenges
Cut. Cut. Cut. A A A A 2½˝ 4¾˝ 4¾˝ 4¾˝ B Ar Ar 4¾˝ A Ar C 4. Measure 21/2˝ along the top edge of the remaining 21/2˝ × 211/2˝ strip and cut from the bottom left corner to this mark. Do not use the small triangle in this block. 5. Make a parallel cut 43/4˝ from the cut in Step 4. Repeat to cut a total of 4 parallelograms (Ar) from the strip. Do not use the leftover small triangle in this block. 2½˝ 2½˝ Cut. 4¾˝ Ar Cut. 4¾˝ 4¾˝ Ar Cut. Ar Cut. 4¾˝ Ar Cut. 2½˝ Background fabric: Cut 1 square 51/4˝ × 51/4˝; cut in half diagonally in both directions to make 4 quarter-square triangles (B).
2. Place a scrap right side up so it covers the edge of the paper. Place a second scrap on top of the first scrap, right 36 15 Minutes of Play—Improvisational Quilts 8. * 9. Press the block and trim to your desired block size (Figure 6). *I leave the paper in place when cutting shapes such as diamonds that will later be pieced into a quilt using a Y-seam. The paper adds stability. Tip Try to add pieces at varying angles. The more varied angles you incorporate, the more interesting your block will be.
2. Sew the block back together, placing one of the strips from Step 1 (B) between the block halves. A A B C 3. Place the ruler over the block at a different angle and cut from edge to edge again. 4. Continue adding as many strips (C) into the block as you like. 58 15 Minutes of Play—Improvisational Quilts A A B Twister Made-Fabric: Use any technique. Cut 4 squares 61/2˝ × 61/2˝ (A). Print fabric: Cut 4 strips 31/2˝ × 71/2˝ (B). 1. On a Made-Fabric square (A), measure in 13/4˝ from the top right corner and 23/4˝ from the bottom right corner, and make a cut connecting those two points.