By Rebeca Mojica
Unchain your creativity!
Whether you're new to chain mail or a pro weaver, Chained will introduce you to the paintings of mixing steel leap earrings into difficult designs, in a brand new approach. No different publication exhibits easy methods to use such a lot of weaves in such a lot of methods, or provides this historic paintings the sort of attractive and glossy twist. recommendations as soon as used for armor now have a brand new lifestyles and will be used to create stylish adornments.
Open Chained and find:
• transparent, special step by step pictures that might take you from beginning and shutting bounce jewelry to completing your first (or fiftieth!) project
• Easy-to-navigate "Weave in a Nutshell" recommendations for plenty of weaves that may express complicated chain mail weavers the weave of a undertaking in exactly a couple of steps
• 22 appealing initiatives plus dozens of adaptations, together with jewelry, bracelets, necklaces and pendants, every one with its personal ability point and time funding rating
• unending recommendations: decide upon your favourite colours, your favourite metals, customise the scale of your undertaking, and locate proposal so as to add your personal distinctive stamp to any piece of chain mail jewelry
Gather your pliers and lumps of bounce earrings and weave your technique to appealing jewellery with Chained.
Read or Download Chained: Create Gorgeous Chain Mail Jewelry One Ring at a Time PDF
Best crafts books
This richly illustrated booklet offers step by step folding directions for the development of over forty modular origami creations. the writer describes find out how to fold the modules and the way to exploit them as construction blocks to build greater polyhedral versions. those attractive designs are complex three-d geometric styles, a few corresponding to stars or plant life.
Sew up a candy and foolish sock critter tonight!
• flip your favourite socks into cute bunnies, kittens, hamsters, turtles, penguins and more
• sixteen initiatives are classified by means of ability point, from super-simple to extra advanced
• Your dryer ate a new sock? No worries-stray singles can now develop into the fitting present in exactly an hour
Enjoy making whimsical crammed animals utilizing child socks, knee socks, group socks…any different types of socks rock! supply your critter's face lots of inventive expression via embellishing together with your favourite buttons and embroidery. numerous initiatives are effortless adequate for kids to make for his or her personal toybox, yet you'll need a bunch of those impossible to resist cuties for your self, too!
Socks allure is a finalist within the 2010 Foreword ebook of the 12 months Awards.
In view that 1973, Storey's nation knowledge announcements have provided functional, hands-on directions designed to assist readers grasp dozens of nation dwelling abilities quick and simply. There are actually greater than a hundred and seventy titles during this sequence, and their amazing attractiveness displays the typical hope of nation and town dwellers alike to domesticate own independence in way of life.
Notice the fundamentals of silversmithing during this thorough guidebook. offers you the entire photograph, together with kinds and homes of metals, required instruments, and various easy-to-understand techniques.
The top booklet out there that covers textual content on smithing together with the final ideas of metalwork, varieties and homes of metals, instruments, and methods. a number of diagrams, images and illustrations increase this in-depth, how-to e-book on silversmithing.
- Making Holiday Wreaths (Storey's Country Wisdom Bulletin A-262)
- Project Teen: Handmade Gifts Your Teen Will Actually Love • 21 Projects to Sew
- Put Your Stamp on It: 20 Adorable Projects, Plus Instructions for Hand-Carving Beautiful Stamps
- Masterpieces of Irish Crochet Lace: Techniques, Patterns, Instructions
- World of Geekcraft: Step-by-Step Instructions for 25 Super-Cool Craft Projects
- Vintage Crochet For Your Home: Best-Loved Patterns for Afghans, Rugs and More
Additional resources for Chained: Create Gorgeous Chain Mail Jewelry One Ring at a Time
Indd 56 8/18/10 12:42:00 PM 1 2 3 4 To prepare, open the medium rings. Close 16 of the brown rings, and open the other 16. Close 24 of the green rings, and open the remaining 8 (see Closing Jump Rings on pages 20–25 and Opening Jump Rings on pages 26–27). Scoop 8 tiny green rings with a medium ring, then close the medium ring (see Learn to Scoop on page 28). To ﬁnish the center of the pattern, add 3 more open tiny green rings to the doubled medium rings, closing each after it is added. ) Double the medium ring with a new medium ring.
3 With another large ring, go through the 2 small rings added in Step 2. Close the large ring, and you’re done! Repeat Steps 1–3 for a second earring. Try these earrings in your favorite colors, or make a pair to match a favorite outﬁt. indd 41 8/18/10 12:41:13 PM Easy Earrings Variations beginner Quick projects Now that you’ve mastered some of the very basic techniques, have fun playing with color and testing out different size ring combinations. Here are some of my favorites, from fun, everyday earrings to elegant and sophisticated adornments.
2cm) for a long neck chain. Nearly all of the projects adhere to these standards. You may need to size your piece smaller or larger, and therefore will use fewer or more supplies than are listed. Any tools you’ll need are listed directly under the supplies. Refer to Tools on page 18 for a listing of the different kinds of pliers you can choose. Plastic coating such as Tool Magic is never listed as a requirement, but if you are scratching the rings or having difﬁculty gripping the rings with your pliers, I recommend dipping the jaws in a plastic coating.